As part of our commitment to develop leadership at all levels within the South East, our Coaching and Mentoring Schemes provide a confidential service to match Coachees and Mentees with qualified Coaches and Mentors, as well as an online facility to manage that relationship.
What can a coach do for you?
- Relationship has a set duration
- More structured with regularly scheduled meetings
- Short term and focused on specific development areas/issues or goals and work
- Your coach does not need direct experience of your job (unless the coaching is skills focused)
What can a mentor do for you?
- Share their experiences
- Ongoing relationship that can last for a long time
- Can be more informal with meetings when the mentee needs some space and time to think, guidance or support
- Focus on long-term career and personal development
- The agenda is set by the mentee and takes a broader view of the person.
“Looking back that the objectives I set out at the start of my coaching relationship, I am struck by how closely to these we maintained our focus. My coach created for me a strong sense of safety within which I was able to think about things I found difficult or were not obvious to me. The way we progressed over the course of the coaching felt very natural and the learning built up as I reflected on the observations and ideas we shared. I feel that coaching has given me the skills and tools to move to the next as a leader and the confidence to try new things and keep working at getting better.” (Coachee, March 2021)
“Throughout my coaching journey, I felt supported and completely out of my comfort zone at times, but I really enjoyed it. I learnt a lot about myself, specifically, my values and what is important to me. I have also gained confidence in my ability as a leader, I see how it is benefiting me in my current role and how I better understand and support my team. I cannot recommend coaching highly enough, thank you.” (Matthew, Public Health, June 2021)
For more information on any of our Coaching and Mentoring offers please email us on: [email protected]