As part of our commitment to develop leadership at all levels within the South East, our Coaching and Mentoring Schemes provide a confidential service to match Coachees and Mentees with qualified Coaches and Mentors, as well as an online facility to manage that relationship.
What can a coach do for you?
- Relationship has a set duration
- More structured with regularly scheduled meetings
- Short term and focused on specific development areas/issues or goals and work
- Your coach does not need direct experience of your job (unless the coaching is skills focused)
What can a mentor do for you?
- Share their experiences
- Ongoing relationship that can last for a long time
- Can be more informal with meetings when the mentee needs some space and time to think, guidance or support
- Focus on long-term career and personal development
- The agenda is set by the mentee and takes a broader view of the person.
“Looking back that the objectives I set out at the start of my coaching relationship, I am struck by how closely to these we maintained our focus. My coach created for me a strong sense of safety within which I was able to think about things I found difficult or were not obvious to me. The way we progressed over the course of the coaching felt very natural and the learning built up as I reflected on the observations and ideas we shared. I feel that coaching has given me the skills and tools to move to the next as a leader and the confidence to try new things and keep working at getting better.” (Coachee, March 2021)
For more information on any of our Coaching and Mentoring offers please email us on: [email protected]