About this session
This masterclass aims to offer participants an opportunity to explore the benefits of self-compassion and simple everyday ways to cultivate a compassionate approach to softening the impact of personal distress and enhancing personal wellbeing and resilience,
What will be covered
By the end of the masterclass participants will:
- Have an understanding of the evidence and foundational principles of self-compassion and how it can protect people from mental distress and enhance personal wellbeing
- Understand how self-compassion can make you a better leader
- Have practised simple practical ways to develop self-compassion
- Have explored ways to build self-compassion into everyday practices
- Have identified at least one step they can take be self-compassionate
Who the session is for
This virtual event is for colleagues working in Primary Care who are NHS staff or staff delivering NHS funded care only.
This masterclass will be delivered virtually via Zoom on Tuesday, 26th January 2021, 18:00-19:30.
Technology check/ registration will commence at 17:45 with the masterclass starting at 18:00.
Please click on the link here
About the Speaker: Byron Lee
Byron has a background in health and social care, community and higher education, leadership development; and has spent the past 30 years supporting individuals, teams, communities and organisations in building supportive and inclusive practices, systems and cultures. His passion is supporting individuals, teams and organisations to weave together different sources of knowledge, wisdom and practice to support collaborative learning and change. His current work involves supporting change agents to develop a compassionate approach in their work so they can be better engaged with real world complexity and make a difference.