About the Programme:
Aimed at those in management roles Building a Coaching Culture provides an excellent introduction for those new to coaching and development for those with experience. Designed to enable you to develop practical coaching skills, the programme will give you a solid skills-base to hold coaching conversations within your role as a manager and help to embed a coaching style of leadership within the culture of your team/organisation. Key benefits include, building confidence to lead inclusively through meaningful conversations with diverse groups, building a coaching culture to support the development of high-performing teams, equipping you with the coaching skills to be an effective and compassionate leader.
What will be covered:
This 30-hour development programme run over the course of 10 weeks, incorporates eight live facilitated sessions (20 hrs) delivered virtually via Zoom and associated self-directed video learning sessions (10 hrs), together with online access to learning resources throughout.
- Live week 1 – Introductions & ground rules
- Live week 2 – Practice in small groups
- Live week 3 – Listening and questioning
- Live week 4 – Practice in small groups
- Live week 5 – Coaching systems and practice
- Live week 6 – Applying coaching at work
- Live week 7 – Process questions and practice
- Live week 8 – Practice in small groups
Video learning sessions are undertaken on a self-directed basis in between live sessions to support your ongoing learning and development throughout the programme.
Dates and times
- Session 1 – 30 January 2023 11.00 – 14:00
- Session 2 – 6 February 2023 11.00 – 13:00
- Session 3 – 20 February 2023 11.00 – 13:00
- Session 4 – 27 February 2023 11.00 – 13:00
- Session 5 – 6 March 2023 11:00 – 14:00
- Session 6 – 20 March 2023 11.00 – 14:00
- Session 7 – 27 March 2023 11.00 – 13:00
- Session 8 – 17 April 2023 11.00 – 14:00
Please note that you will need to be available to attend all live sessions 1-8 throughout the programme and have access to the use of the Zoom platform to facilitate your participation.
Who is this session for:
The NHS Leadership Academy provides leadership development for people of all backgrounds and experiences across health and care.
This programme is suitable for those working in management roles within health and care and is open to leaders at all levels.
Benefits of the programme
Participation in the programme will enable you to:
- consider personal leadership style and challenges
- improve productivity and performance
- strengthen manager/employee relationships
- understand and lead change
- explore collaboration and system working
- have the headspace to work through challenges and opportunities related to your leadership role
- reflect on and develop the collaborative, compassionate and inclusive leadership skills that are key to success
- increase personal insight, enabling you to build your confidence, build on your talents and play to your strengths
- increase understanding of personal resilience and how to deepen it.
About the facilitators
The Building a Coaching Culture programme will be facilitated by the 3D Coaching team:
3D Coaching has been delivering coaching skills training since 2003. All our trainers are working coaches and we teach you the least you need to know to be able to coach well. In 2020, the material drawn on to support the delivery of this programme was published by McGraw Hill as ‘Simplifying Coaching’ and is recognised around the world as a core text for coaching at work and coaching professionals.
What previous participants say
“It doesn’t have to be perfect. It doesn’t have to be an all or nothing thing. It’s an incremental approach and [you] can start to introduce the coaching approach into your conversations in lots of different ways. And it doesn’t have to be that that whole conversation is a coaching one, but that you are using elements of what we are learning. It’s part of our toolkit now and making us think differently about how we might have some of our conversations.”
“This course seemed unique in its focus on simplicity and practice, with regular feedback – instead of coming out of it thinking with practice this will be really useful, but then forgetting to practice to embed it. I am already using it and it is becoming second nature to me.”
“Definitely do less. To achieve more. Because it doesn’t make you a worse manager. It actually makes you a better manager”
Listen to how physio Ben Jeeves is using a coaching style in his work with patients.
How to apply?
Applications have now closed for this programme. Please email [email protected] if you would like to register your interest for future dates.
If you are unable to attend any of the sessions above please register via our Expression of Interest page, this will help us to understand the demand for our programmes and plan accordingly. You will also be notified when we release new dates for this programme.
If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email [email protected]