About the Programme
Our series of initial workshops will aim to:
- Establish an influential community with a shared objective of developing a culture of coaching across our region, exploring together what this truly means.
- Engage a community who challenge and support each other’s thinking and practice through long-term relationships with mutual agreement of expectations and accountabilities.
- Nurture, mobilise, grow and sustain a Coaching Culture throughout the region and beyond.
- Workshop 1: Monday 28th March 13:00-17:00 – ‘Why and What’: Why might we want a coaching culture? What might it look like? What are the pros and cons?
- Workshop 2: Friday 29th April 09:00-13:00– ‘How and Who’: How we’ll create the culture we’re looking for, in our own teams and organisations. Who we’ll need to help us and how we’ll get them on board.
- Workshop 3: Monday 16th May 13:00-17:00 – ‘Where and When’: Where and when is this already happening? What green shoots are we seeing, here and elsewhere, and how can we nurture them?
- Workshop 4: Monday 6th June 13:00-17:00 – ‘What next?’: Mapping and modelling the complex systems that enable and inhibit this culture we’re seeking. Setting ourselves up for success going forward.
- Action Learning Set – group 1 – 27th June , 13:00- 17:00
- Action Learning Set – group 2 –4th July 13:00-17:00
NB: This is not training programme per se and there will be no Coaching accreditation or qualification at the end. It is a structured, bespoke, highly collaborative and interconnected series of sessions aimed at helping you nurture, mobilise, grow and sustain a Coaching Culture in your organisation. The emphasis is on helping each other navigate the various enablers and inhibitors in our organisations. We’ve asked the facilitator to use their expertise in coaching and culture change to support and enable us, just like a really good coach would. So, there’s very little teaching indeed: for the most part, we are the content.
All workshop sessions will be delivered virtually on Microsoft Teams
Each workshop will run virtually for 4 hours over 6-8 weeks and you will need to attend all dates highlighted above. Upon registering for this programme of development opportunity we kindly ask for you to secure this date in your diaries. This programme is funded by the South East Leadership Academy.
NB: Attendance of all workshop dates is a requirement and it is not possible to attend part of the programme.
Who is this session for?
This programme is open to all staff working in the South East who are true advocates of coaching and mentoring-type interactions, and/or are effective and passionate developers of these skills whether this is something you do formally and consciously, or instinctively day-to-day. This community is for the people who see the value in slowing down to speed up, and can facilitate opportunities for others to do the same. This programme is not appropriate for qualified Coaches.
You will be either employed by the NHS or working with an NHS funded employer delivering NHS funded care in clinical or non-clinical roles
Register your interest by COP Friday 25th February 2022 via our Application Form and all places will be confirmed, after we have shortlisted applications.
You will receive the Joining Instructions on how to attend all workshops in early March, ready for workshop 1 on 28th March 2022.
If your circumstances change or if you would like to speak with a member of the team for further information, please email [email protected]