- This event has passed.
Leadership Espresso – Influencing without Formal Authority
About the session
This virtual workshop provides some protected ‘headspace’ and ‘thinking time’ to consider:
- How can I grow my confidence to use my power and influence, even if I don’t have formal authority?
- What are the differences between leading in a hierarchical context and influencing across teams and wider networks?
- Which aspects of my work are best achieved through a conventional management approach and which aspects require a more networked approach to leadership?
- How do I decide when a formal or more informal approach to influencing might work best?
- What are my key challenges in influencing beyond my sphere of authority?
- How do I apply this learning to my everyday work?
Book your Place
Book a place via our RSVP booking system below.
You will receive the joining instructions for the event 1 week before the session.
SELA will retain a record of your name, job role, organisation, band, and contact details on its secure alumni register and contacts database for management information and communications purposes. Although we will be able to see your name and email address upon submission, this data will be anonymised from the EDI details.
We appreciate your support in providing this information, which will help us to ensure our leadership development interventions are widely accessible and inclusive.
Your booking details (i.e. name, role, organisation, ICS) will be shared with the event provider and/or facilitator to allow them to understand participant thinking and adapt the event accordingly, in addition to other regional leadership academies (as required) and with the members of other relevant SELA networks to aid communication, sharing of good practice and support.
Should you have any queries, or if your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, or you wish to opt out of the above arrangements, please contact [email protected].
The session will be virtual
When an event has reached capacity a waiting list will become available.
The waiting list allows us to gauge interest in a programme and to fill any spaces that may become available due to cancellations.
However, please note that by signing up to the waiting list this is not a confirmation of place, an email will be sent out advising you of a place with the necessary information if a cancellation does so occur.
We are committed to making our training as accessible as possible (please see our accessibility page for what is currently available), we are aware that there is more that we can be doing. Please do contact us if there are any reasonable adjustments that we can make to support you to be able to attend this session. [email protected]