Leadership Espresso – Conversations to Build Resilience
About the session:
These are unprecedented times, the only conversations we are hearing are those about COVID-19. We are juggling work and personal lives that are more disruptive, stressful, and ever changing with often increasing demands. This 90-minute leadership espresso is for anyone who wants to know how to manage sensitive conversations to support their teams and colleagues when working under pressure.
You will be invited to share experiences and commit to an action to take back into your workplace to apply your learning in a tangible way.
What will be covered?
During the session we will be:
- Exploring factors that influence an individuals’ ability to manage the challenges of extreme pressure
- Identifying ways to create a safe space for supportive conversations when dealing with individuals who are experiencing symptoms of stress/anxiety/depression/burnout
- Discussing ways to provide feedback and support for staff experiencing symptoms of stress/anxiety/depression/burnout
- Taking a personal perspective on how to maintain boundaries and look after yourself
- Sharing learnings and discussing strategies to encourage staff to engage in support services when appropriate
Who is this session for?
Book your Place:
Reserve a place via our RSVP booking system below. If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email [email protected]
The session will be virtually on Microsoft Teams
About the Facilitators
Alicia Pena, Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- PsychD in Occupational Health Psychology: Doctoral research “An exploratory study of the facts influencing individuals’ recovery and ability to return to work after experiencing stress, burnout, anxiety or depression.
- Experienced clinician working with individuals dealing with range of mental health problems, including trauma and burnout. Now working in the prevention of these conditions to contribute towards developing resilience.
- Current work developing psycho-educational programmes for university students plus the design and delivery of training for staff around support students balanced with self-care
- Wrote chapter on stress management in Coaching for Excellent book (4th edition available in the summer).
Sarah Law, Chartered Occupational Psychologist
- Highly experienced facilitator across multiple sectors including Health, Rail, Pharma, Construction and Tech
- Post-graduate qualifications include Psychotherapy, Organisation Development & Applied Behavioural Science, Coaching
- Successful at translating concepts into practical tools and approaches for people working at all levels; from front-line staff to senior leaders
- Worked with leadership teams in complex systems such as health, social care and city authorities to align goals, enhance team dynamics and deliver the best possible outcomes for clients/citizens