- This event has passed.
Embedding Equality, Diversity and Inclusion into Primary Care
This masterclass is an Intermediate Level Workshop for Practices/PCNs and ICB Leads delivered in partnership with South East Primary Care Transformation Team and the South East Leadership Academy
The session will cover some practicalities and value around leaders embedding equality, diversity and inclusion principles in the primary care context. The goal is to help you think through a strategy for implementing EDI in primary care in its broader context of often-competing initiatives, perspectives, expectations, policies and politics.
- Review Inclusive Recruitment – looking at your policies are they inclusive, do you do exit interviews, what does your workforce data tell you?
- Looking at data – health inequalities of your population, how can you shape your services when thinking about inclusion.
- Equality Impact Assessment – reviewing your template.
- What are the 9 protected characteristics and your legal responsibilities?
- Connecting to inclusion networks
This session will be repeated three times, 90 minutes each session – please register for the date which suits you:
Who is the session for?
The NHS Leadership Academy provides leadership development for people of all backgrounds and experiences across health and care.
Terms and Conditions
In order to demonstrate best value to patients, the NHS and taxpayers, we need to ensure maximum attendance on leadership development opportunities and events.
Please view our Cancellation Policy as there will be a non-attendance charge to your employer/organisation should you secure a place and subsequently fail to meet any of these commitments.
If you have any questions about the sessions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Book your Place
Reserve a place via our RSVP booking system below. Although we will be able to see your name and email address upon submission, once extrapolated this data will be anonymised. We appreciate your support in providing this information, which will help us to ensure our leadership development interventions are widely accessible and inclusive.
If the programme is full, please feel free to join the waiting list via the button below. This will help us to understand the demand for our programmes and plan accordingly. You will also be notified when we release new dates.
The session will be delivered virtually.
Please note that this is a pan-regional programme, led by the South West Leadership Academy. Your local leadership academy is coordinating all bookings for your region. Confirmation emails and links to all sessions will be issued by the South West Leadership Academy.
- You will need a webcam and a headset to participate fully.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.