The Healthcare Leadership Model has been developed to help you become a better leader in your day-to-day role. You don’t have to be in a clinical or service setting to use it. And it doesn’t matter whether you work in a team of five or are responsible for 5,000, you can benefit by discovering and exploring your own leadership behaviours.
The model is made up of nine leadership dimensions, which you can explore in your own time, at your own pace. You’ll find brief descriptions of each dimension – why it is important and ‘what it is not’ – so that you can fully understand it in relation to your role. Explore the nine leadership dimensions.
Once you’ve explored the dimensions, you may want to undertake the free self assessment tool, which helps you to assess your leadership behaviours and more fully understand your leadership development. A 360 degree feedback tool is also available to help give you an insight into other people’s perceptions of your leadership behaviour.
The South East Leadership Academy has a faculty of accredited 360° feedback facilitators available to work through your feedback report with you face-to-face, you gain access to the facilitator database when you set up your 360 report.
If you are interested in finding out how to become a Healthcare Leadership Model 360 Feedback Facilitator please contact [email protected]
Click here to visit the online HLM Self Assessment tool which is available to all and is free to use.
The full HLM 360 Feedback Tool
- The full HLM Feedback Tool costs £40 + VAT.
- You can pay via the HLM 360 website using a debit or credit card or with a purchase order number obtained through your organisation’s finance department.
- When the HLM 360 assessment is an integral part of a SE Leadership Academy programme you will be provided with a purchase order number and we will meet the costs
- NHS staff who are accredited HLM 360 feedback facilitators generally make no charge for the feedback session although you may be asked to pay their travel costs if they are meeting you at your place of work. It is important that you check the fees that an independent non-NHS feedback facilitator will charge.
For more details and to find how you can access and arrange your payment for the HLM 360 feedback Tool click here
Find out how you can become an accredited 360 feedback facilitator here
Healthcare Leadership Model Resources
- JCA HLM 360 Assessment User Guidance
- Information on the development of the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model
- Resource Page for HLM Facilitators
- To read the frequently asked questions tools update click here.
Healthcare Leadership Model App
The NHS Leadership Academy have developed a new digital tool to complement their work around the Healthcare Leadership Model, which supports our NHS people to become better leaders in their day-to-day roles.
The Healthcare Leadership Model App allows you to record observations about the leadership behaviours that you see around you and explore these using the nine leadership dimensions of the healthcare leadership model. It is free to access and available to all health and care colleagues to help them develop as a leader – even if they are not in a leadership role.
The web based app is accessible from your desktop, although it has been optimised for mobile devices. Click here to access the app and save the link to your smartphone home screen. If you have any questions or feedback, please email [email protected]