Leading without Authority Masterclass
About this Event
Leading in primary care is a daily juggling act, balancing the needs of your patient population with PCN-wide developments. Some aspects of your leadership require everyday organising and managing of colleagues and services you’re responsible for. Other aspects involve complex influencing across your local area, engaging a wide range of people in a context where you don’t have formal authority.
This virtual workshop provides some protected ‘headspace’ and ‘thinking time’ for busy practice managers, primary care practitioners and other key primary care colleagues to consider:
- What are the differences between leading in a hierarchical context and influencing across networks?
- Which aspects of my work are best achieved through a conventional management approach and which aspects require a more networked approach to leadership?
- What are my key challenges in influencing beyond my sphere of authority?
- How do I apply this learning to my everyday work as a leader in primary care?
You will be encouraged to consider thought-provoking ideas, share views, discuss issues with colleagues, reflect on your own practice, apply your learning to your own context and ask any questions you have.
Who will Facilitate the Event?
The workshop will be facilitated by Dr Jeanne Hardacre, Founding Director of Impact4Health, which is a specialist leadership, OD and culture change consultancy.
Among a wide range of NHS teams, Jeanne is supporting several primary care practices, PCNs and practice manager forums with their leadership in a virtual context
When is the Event?
You can choose between two different session times.
- Wednesday 20th October 13:00 – 14:30
- Tuesday 7th December 10:00 – 11:30
We would ask that you attend the event 10 minutes before it is due to start to ensure that we can help you with any technology problems should they arise.
We hope that you will be able to join us!
How do I Register?
If you are interested in attending this session, please complete our registration form. Please be aware you will be given an option of both sessions, please select one. Please be aware that spaces on these events are limited. You will receive a confirmation email of your place.