- This event has passed.
Leadership Espresso – Supporting the Talent in Your Team
About the session:
There are many individuals who may not be at a point in their lives where extra responsibilities, more professional development or promotion will suit them. This can be for many reasons; childcare or other family responsibilities, the desire for some stability after this last 18 months and life changes. Managers want to keep these members of staff engaged and motivated, but can struggle to think what they might do as the usual suggestions of more responsibility, learning opportunities, promotion, mentoring others are not appropriate.
In the Leadership Espresso virtual interactive workshop, you will be encouraged to share views, discuss issues with colleagues, reflect on your own practice, apply your learning to your own context and explore the challenges and opportunities you face.
What will be covered?
During the session we will be:
- – Exploring where the individual is, the context and situation, what they hope for and what would be motivating and meaningful.
- – Input on conditions for change (Stages of readiness for change).
- – Working with ambivalence and uncertainty.
- – Input on facilitating change
- – Input on reframing situations
- – Encouraging problem-solving approach
Who is this session for?
The NHS Leadership Academy provides leadership development for people of all backgrounds and experiences across health and care.
Book your Place:
Reserve a place via our RSVP booking system below. You will receive the Joining Instructions on how to attend the session 1 week prior to the event.
If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email [email protected]
Although we will be able to see your name and email address upon submission, once extrapolated this data will be anonymised. We appreciate your support in providing this information, which will help us to ensure our leadership development interventions are widely accessible and inclusive.
The session will be virtually on Microsoft Teams
About the Facilitators
Alicia Pena, Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- PsychD in Occupational Health Psychology: Doctoral research “An exploratory study of the facts influencing individuals’ recovery and ability to return to work after experiencing stress, burnout, anxiety or depression.
- Experienced clinician working with individuals dealing with range of mental health problems, including trauma and burnout. Now working in the prevention of these conditions to contribute towards developing resilience.
- Current work developing psycho-educational programmes for university students plus the design and delivery of training for staff around support students balanced with self-care
- Wrote chapter on stress management in Coaching for Excellent book (4th edition available in the summer)