- This event has passed.
Leadership Espresso – Supporting Your People When Noticing Burnout
About the session:
Do you suspect someone in your team is burning out? It can be hard to know what to do. This 90-minute leadership espresso has been designed for staff who are concerned that their teams are working through times of extreme pressure. Individuals who want to know how to better understand their people in such circumstances and what they can do to support them effectively.
You will be invited to share experiences and commit to an action to take back into your workplace to apply your learning in a tangible way.
What will be covered?
During the session we will be:
- Exploring the difference between stress, PTSD, and burnout
- Hearing about your experiences of dealing with staff under pressure during Covid-19
- Discussing your concerns about members of staff
- Considering when to refer to support services
- Reflecting upon the impact of work demands on you
- Sharing learnings and discussing some strategies to take back into work
Who is this session for?
Book your Place:
Reserve a place via our RSVP booking system below. If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email [email protected]
The session will be virtually on Microsoft Teams
About the Facilitators
Alicia Pena, Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- PsychD in Occupational Health Psychology: Doctoral research “An exploratory study of the facts influencing individuals’ recovery and ability to return to work after experiencing stress, burnout, anxiety or depression.
- Experienced clinician working with individuals dealing with range of mental health problems, including trauma and burnout. Now working in the prevention of these conditions to contribute towards developing resilience.
- Current work developing psycho-educational programmes for university students plus the design and delivery of training for staff around support students balanced with self-care
- Wrote chapter on stress management in Coaching for Excellent book (4th edition available in the summer).
Sarah Law, Chartered Occupational Psychologist
- Highly experienced facilitator across multiple sectors including Health, Rail, Pharma, Construction and Tech
- Post-graduate qualifications include Psychotherapy, Organisation Development & Applied Behavioural Science, Coaching
- Successful at translating concepts into practical tools and approaches for people working at all levels; from front-line staff to senior leaders
- Worked with leadership teams in complex systems such as health, social care and city authorities to align goals, enhance team dynamics and deliver the best possible outcomes for clients/citizens