About the programme
eCLiPS is a one-year leadership development programme starting in September 2022. It is tailored to the learning needs of delegates and it will help you to:
- Enhance your understanding of the NHS as a healthcare system
- Build the confidence to engage with a wide range of clinical and non-clinical stakeholders.
- Identify, develop essential skills to manage working relationships, influence systems across professional disciplines
- Understand yourself as a leader and how to develop leadership ability in others
- Bolster your reflective skills to re-frame barriers and challenges to change
- Equip you with practical tools and techniques related to project management; co-production and presentations.
- Communicate with impact and intercultural awareness
eCLiPS will also help you to build your confidence, knowledge and essential skills to take on the challenges of medical leadership by supporting you in leading a ‘live’ work-based project matched to your interests and skill set and which is sponsored by a senior leader within your trust.
In 2021, the eCLiPS programme underwent a stringent evaluation process by the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM) and this year, and after much scrutiny, was awarded the much-coveted FMLM Accreditation.
What to expect / structure of the programme?
eCLiPS offers 10 leadership development sessions, which include:
- Introduction to Leadership & Management; Understanding NHS Landscape & Mapping and Co-Production
- Introduction to QI and Project Management; Understanding & Using Co-Production;
- Self-Discovery workshop
- Connecting Communication and Leadership
- Healthcare Business Strategy and Service Operations Part 1 and 2
- ICB Simulation
- Leading Teams / Change & Group Dynamics
Alongside the modular learning, participants are also supported via 1-1 mentoring, coaching, Action learning sets.
As part of tailoring the learning opportunities ad hoc workshops will also be offered.
Am I eligible?
If you are working in Kent Surrey and Sussex region and you are an ST3- 4 or a Specialist/Associate Specialist doctor in any medical specialty you are eligible to apply.
How to apply
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
If you wish to participate in the scheme, please request an application pack from [email protected]