”Taking time to think about what matters to you in your career is crucial if you want to be fully motivated and effective.”
The programme focuses on where and how women can evolve their careers, roles in the organisation and in the world at large. It seeks to build confidence, skills and encourage self-reflection to reduce the impact of micro-aggressions and internalised stereotyping based on race and gender. The programme is a One day, Five module development workshop including mentorship or coaching opportunities, group action learning sets and an ongoing evaluation to provide evidence-based continuous improvement for future career development programmes of this nature.
This programme is a Positive Action Initiative collaboration between the NHS South East EDI team and South East Leadership & Lifelong Learning team delivered by Thresholds
The objective of the programme is to improve and or reduce career progression barriers faced by minority ethnic (non-white) staff as depicted by data and other documented experiences.
By the end of the programme participants will:
- Demonstrate a clearer understanding of their career exploration process and how their own skills and interests match up to their chosen career path.
- Feel more confident to discuss and ask for what they want in their career.
- Through mentoring and coaching participants will become part of a community that provides insights and connects and will have greater support in achieving what they want in their career.
- Through peer networking and facilitated sessions, participants will learn how to develop lifelong learning skills that they can use to seek progression opportunities and build stronger networks.
One day, Five module workshop covering the creation of a viable action plan using values, visions and goals. Building confidence skills and encouraging self-reflection to reduce the impact of micro-aggressions and internalised stereotypes based on race and gender.
- Module 1 – Career goal setting and planning
- Module 2: Getting the balance right
- Module 3: Succeeding at Interviews
- Module 4: Communicating with Impact
- Module 5: Positioning for success
On completion of the workshop, delegates register on the South East Leadership Academy coaching & Mentoring register to secure either a Mentor or Coach.
The workshop will be followed by two Action Learning sets sessions per cohort that happen after each delegate has secured a coach/mentor. In total you will be able to access Six group networking sessions (approximately one session each month)
If you are interested in accessing a coach or mentor outside of the programme please register here . Coaching and mentoring is available free of charge to all NHS staff from the South East.
Who is it for?
These virtual events applications are open to all minority ethnic women NHS staff employed in the South East.
- Attending the one day workshop from 9.00 to 16.000
- Secure mentor or a coach
- Attend 2 Action Learning Sets – half day each
- Group Networking – attend at least 4 out of 6.
Book your place
Cohort 6 – 16th March 2022, NHS bands 8a and above.
Cohort 7 – 4th April 2022, NHS bands 6&7.
Attendance and Cancellation policy
We have limited places on this programme, we, therefore, advise you to apply early as applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the limited number of applicants per cohort, we request that if your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, you let us know as soon as you can. please follow our cancellation policy and email us at: [email protected]
On committing to the above, participants will then have the opportunity to apply for a Succeeding at interviews Programme, run in conjunction with this leadership development Programme. Please find more information on the Succeeding at Interviews Programme.
About the Facilitators
Over the last 20 years, Thresholds has established itself as a leading provider of highly effective, affordable career support for women. They have honed a small but customisable set of programmes and workshops that facilitate genuine transformation for individuals and organisations.