NHS England & Improvement have introduced Leadership Support Circles to provide an interactive, peer-peer approach to supplement and complement evidence-based online resources. Feedback from early pilots show that clinicians, allied professionals and others involved in the COVID-19 response are appreciative of opportunities to connect with peers, share their experiences as leaders and start to make sense of a bewildering period in all of our lives.
We are looking to establish a further system-wide network of people who are willing and able to facilitate these support circle sessions. Facilitators will be part of a national network, bringing together HR, OD and Wellbeing Professionals from across the NHS system.
Facilitator induction will involve participation in an 2 half-day online sessions (9am to 12.30pm) via Zoom, with pre-course reading assigned.
Key learning outcomes for induction will be as follows:
- Appreciate the range of wellbeing and psychological support needs of NHS leaders and managers
- Become familiar with the NHS England’s and Improvements wellbeing offer and rationale, including the NHSE and I evidence-based model for ‘Leading Compassionately through COVID19’
- Understand the leadership support circle facilitation process, including technical requirements
Training Dates Available
Cohort 15 10th & 11th May
Cohort 16 18th & 19th May
Cohort 17 8th & 9th June
Cohort 18 23rd & 24th June
Cohort 19 29th & 30th June
Cohort 20 7th & 8th July
Cohort 21 19th & 20th July
Further information is available on the application form. Completed application forms must be submitted to [email protected] by Friday 16th April 2021 (please note this deadline cannot be extended, any applications received after this date will not be consider)
Before completing the application form please confirm by return of email:
- You are able to attend cohort of training dates available and confirm the date
- Are you able to attend both dates of training
- You have access to/able to use Zoom for the training sessions
- Please note that by attending the training you are confirming you will support and deliver leadership support circles locally
Once we receive your application and confirmation of the above, we will send successful facilitators further information along with joining details. If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 28th April by 6pm your application on this occasion has not been successful.