Leadership Dispatch – 01 February
Welcome to the February edition of the South East Leadership Academy Dispatch. If you are anything like me you may be feeling grateful that January is behind us and that we are one step closer towards lighter days and warmer weather.
We know these last few months may have felt tough, the sustained impact of the pandemic combined with increased operational pressures means our priorities continue to focus on supporting you through this Winter, here you can find our Safe Winter Offers and our Looking After our People support pages that are full of offers and resources you and your teams may find helpful.
We have many special events across the calendar each year, and one to remember for February is that this is LGBT+ History Month. The aim of which is to promote equality and diversity for the benefit of the public by:
- Increasing the visibility of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) people, their history, lives and their experiences.
- Raising awareness and advancing education on matters affecting the LGBT community
- Working to make education and other institutions safe spaces for all LGBT communities, and
- Promoting the welfare of LGBT people, by ensuring that the system recognises and enables LGBT people to achieve their full potential.
In line with this we have commissioned another set of our popular Mindout LGBTQ+ Series; we encourage you to attend and build your confidence and knowledge.
- LGBTQ Identities and Mental Health: Thursday 17th March – 12 – 13.30
- Understanding intersectionality and minority stress: Monday 28th March – 10 – 11.30am
- Trans Inclusion: Thursday 12th April – 12 – 13.30
We are continuing to support the changes following the health and social care White Paper although recognising these are now delayed until July 2022 by working with the systems who are keeping the momentum going. This work has included board development of the ICB and a programme on systems working.
We have attached our full calendar of events running from February – April 2022 and we would like to draw your attention to a number of offers of support we have available right now;
- Leading through the Winter – We have curated this session to explore the leadership concepts and practices that will support us during this time, exploring compassionate and inclusive leadership cultural principles while aiding recovery in individuals and teams for a safer winter.
- Leading with Kindness – It’s hard to understand the impact and energy created by ‘Kindness into Action’ workshops until you’ve experienced them. You will find out what really makes a good day or a bad day in your organisation, the culture today and the culture people want instead.
- Black, Asian and ethnic minority Women’s Leadership Development Programme – This empowering one-day Thresholds Workshop designed for non-white women will give you the tools and techniques to look freshly at your career and devise a practical action plan to achieve your goals.
- Support sessions – managing issues around staff vaccination – we are offering managers involved in this exercise the opportunity to access facilitated sessions between February and May 2022 that will provide peer support in terms of making sense of this situation and how best to negotiate it.
- Developing a Coaching Culture Programme – this is a structured, bespoke, highly collaborative and interconnected series of sessions aimed at helping you nurture, mobilise, grow and sustain a Coaching Culture in your organisation.
Working for us – we have a new vacancy in the team, if you or anyone you know would like to join us at the South East Leadership Academy we are currently recruiting to a band 4 administrative post, please see here for more details Work for Us – South East Leadership Academy.
We thank you for everything you have done over these past months and look forward to continuing to work with you, do feel free get in touch with our team by contacting us via [email protected]
Leadership Dispatch sign up
By submitting this form you agree to receive the Leadership Dispatch with information about current leadership development programmes and events offered by the South East Leadership Academy, regional and national NHS organisations.
For Regional Offers: [email protected]
For National and Partner Offers – Please follow the link in the offer you are interested in and contact organisers directly.